National Caregiving Conference
Our Third Annual National Caregiving Conference will happen on November 9 and 10 at the Chicago Marriott O”Hare, 8535 W. Higgins in Chicago. We hope you will join us in Chicago or virtually. We will live broadcast both days. Learn more and register here: www.caregiving.com
I’m honored to be presenting two sessions during this conference:
5 Ways to Be an Empowered Caregiver
Do you ever feel like you can’t get off the enormous overwhelming and worry rollercoaster of caregiver life? In this session, you’ll learn how to be an empowered caregiver which will help you maintain your well-being, respect your boundaries, get the support you deserve, uncover how to make meaning out of your caregiving experience and ditch the overwhelm. You’ll leave this session feeling less stress and more peace.
Session attendees will discover:
* The power of setting clear boundaries and how to say ‘no’ gracefully.
* How to maintain well-being even when you are overwhelmed and don’t feel like you can take another day.
* My simple 3-step process for rallying your support system and getting the help you need. You’ll uncover ways others can help so you are ready when the next person says, “let me know if there’s anything I can do.”
* How to ditch the overwhelm, stress, worry and fear and reframe thoughts and feelings to that of peace, calm, and love.
* The power of legacy and having conversations of the heart. Discover why these were my best caregiving moments and how they can become some of your best moments.
5 Ways to Reclaim Your Life After Caregiving Ends
Being a family caregiver can be all consuming. Now that caregiving is ‘over’, are you stuck on the rollercoaster of ‘Now What?’. You might feel empty or unsure how to move forward in life or how to give your life meaning. In this session, I’ll share five ways to bounce forward and reclaim your life after caregiving ends. After this session, you’ll feel empowered and aligned with your passion and purpose-even if you are stuck on the confusion rollercoaster. You’ll leave with a renewed sense of what you want your legacy to be, how to take imperfect action and own your power with more grace and ease.
We are the national conference that brings together family caregivers and former family caregivers from across the country. At previous conferences, attendees arrived from both coasts, the South, the Midwest, and Canada.
Our conference features presentations and panel discussions from family caregivers and former family caregivers. At our conference, just like in our day, we’re the experts. Join us to connect to others who understand and to receive insights, inspirations, and information.
This year’s conference theme, Our Best Selves, encourages us to look at how we do our best during an experience that feels like the worst.
What’s it like to attend our conference? Attendees to our Second Annual National Caregiving Conference share their experiences:
“I don’t know how to thank you for your generosity, your big heart and your unbelievable passion. You welcomed me into the tribe sight unseen and I’m very grateful. My heart is full from a weekend with you, your team and those you serve.” ~ A conference attendee
“You deserve accolades for putting on such a great event. And thank you for the opportunity to share some of my caregiving experiences with the conference.” ~ A conference attendee
“Everything about #NCC17 seems like respite care for caregivers: session topics, friendships, practical advice, & healthy, delicious food.” ~ A conference attendee
“The entire conference center felt peaceful, engaging, relaxing, and spiritual. The family caregivers came from all over the country to be supported, encouraged, and to encourage others. Deep conversations, stories, tears, laughter, great food, tools and resources were shared throughout this two-day conference.” ~ Marti Hannon, former family caregiver and owner, World Changer Consulting
Join our Facebook community at http://www.facebook.com/groups/EmpoweredFamilyCaregiver
©Copyright 2003-Present All rights reserved
Latest posts by Tandy Elisala (see all)
- Best Affirmations to End the Year - December 1, 2018
- Empowered Family Caregiver Interview Highlights With Christy Vacchio - November 6, 2018
- The Complete Caregiver Respite Guide You Need to Know - October 31, 2018