Cancer… Again: 3 Ways I’m Getting Rid of Cancer Once and For All
I’ve had quite a journey on many fronts. Last week, I wrote an article about the 5 things that helped me get through cancer three times. In it, I talk about how I overcame cancer three times. I had some challenges understanding why and how this body would get cancer three times. I mean, really!?! I came full circle and simply focused on getting well. So, here we are again…
This body has been diagnosed with cancer again. I have my FOURTH cancer surgery scheduled Thursday, January 15th. This time is more extensive than the others in terms of what needs to be removed.
When I first found out, here’s what went through my mind:
1. What the hell did I do to create this again? The whole law of attraction thing was bugging me.
2. 2015 is supposed to be better than 2014. How am I going to make things happen when I’ve got “C” to deal with? I don’t have time for this.
3. What if more extensive treatments are recommended? What am I going to do?
4. What memo am I not getting that this keeps showing up?
Fortunately, I didn’t stay in the above space very long but I’d be lying if I didn’t admit to thinking these things for a hot second. Enough self-limiting thoughts. Time to reach deep and make lasting change.
Then what came up for me was every experience teaches something new. Each time I went through cancer, I learned new things about myself. I consider myself a smart woman. I know how important the right foods and drinks are to overall health. Yet, it wasn’t something I focused on or really changed much over the years. Silly, right? There are millions of people overweight and eating the wrong foods. Why do we do this to ourselves? The reality is we are what we eat. Addiction to foods such as sugar is one of the worst things we can put in our bodies. Some would argue sugar is more addictive than heroin. The other reality is I needed a different perspective on food and overall health.
The pain of change was more than the pain of staying the same…until now!The pain of change was more than the pain of staying the same...until now! Click To Tweet
3 Ways I’m Getting Rid of Cancer
I started doing a lot of research on cancer and the link to certain foods. I started reading more blogs about nutrition and alternative healing. I’ve used essential oils for many years and started looking at how to integrate this even more in my life. I joined health-related Facebook groups about alternative cancer treatments. I’ve learned a lot in the process and here are three ways I’m getting rid of this damn thing once and for all:
1. Changing the foods I put in my mouth. There are lots of ways I’m doing this that I’ll blog about as I take this journey. I’ll share resources along the way. By giving my body the true nutrition it needs, I’m helping its natural ability to heal itself.
2. Creating an accountability process. One of my best friends, Mark, is all about becoming the person he wants to attract. His goal is to become healthy once and for all. We have these things in common:-) We are going through this healthful eating habits transformation together. I am SO lucky and fortunate to have such a great friend to go through this journey with.
3. Exercising extreme self-care. I already integrated walking into my daily routine and, as I recover, I am integrating more exercise into my life. Extreme self-care also means continued positive thinking, meditation, my gratitude practice, affirmations, FAITH, and lots of rest; among other things.
I really do believe in the power of our minds to be, do and have anything we want. I also believe everything happens for a reason. I believe this 4th cancer experience is about connecting my mind and my body. This is something I did half-hardheartedly over the years. Connecting my mind, body, and spirit in a way that sets my body up for natural health and healing has been the missing link. I’ve got the mind and spirit down. Now, to integrate the body. I get the memo, spirit. I know God has my back and I have ZERO fear about this. I know, feel and believe I’ll be okay. My power word for 2015 is connection. My mind, body and spirit connection is job one for me.
2015 is going to ROCK. I am ready to #ROAR and while this little hiccup presented itself, I am learning from it and will be a stronger woman, mother, sister, coach, leader, friend and eventual life partner when I attract my divine male complement in physical form.
If you or anyone you know is going through a difficult time, such as cancer, I invite you to get your FREE Daily Dose of Hope. Hope is the beginning of all healing. I wish I had this when I was going through cancer. Get your Daily Dose of Hope HERE.
Join our facebook community at http://www.facebook.com/groups/cancerthriversupportcommunity
©Copyright 2003-Present All rights reserved