Are things in your life going as you want, need and desire? Are you living your life with passion and purpose? Are you clear about your goals and are you laser-focused on accomplishing them? Creating a vision and purpose for all areas of your life is absolutely mission critical for life success. Here are some strategies I use to think about and develop my vision and purpose. I hope you find at least one useful tip here that helps you along your journey!
First, think about what you do NOT want in your life. That’s right. It’s one of the few times I’ll recommend thinking about what you do not want. Get a clear picture of this and really feel the feelings about what you don’t want.
Second, think about the opposite of the above. Think about what you DO want in your life. Create the polar opposite in your mind and really feel what it would be like if you had what you wanted.
Third, now, think about all areas of your life and where you want to spend MORE quality time. Some areas to get you thinking include:
- Job or career
- Hobby or interest
- Nurturing your soul
- Spending time on community activities
- Fewer hours late at the office
- Fewer hours on paperwork (touch it once)
- Fewer hours attending events I don’t enjoy
- Fewer hours cleaning house
- Fewer hours doing laundry
- Fewer hours with people you don’t enjoy
- Fewer house watching television
- Fill in your item here…
- 80/20 rule
- Unload low priority stuff
- Start a list
- Save time by doing similar tasks at the same time (bills, phone calls, bundle errands, cook ahead)
- Use technology (shop by mail or web)
- Eliminate interruptions
- Get up earlier
- Buy time
- When I am gone, what would I like my tombstone to say about me?
- How would I like people to remember me in life?
- What would I have liked to have accomplished in life?
- If you had just five more years to live, would you spend the time you have left any differently than the way you are spending it now?
- If yes, what would you do that is different? Would you stay at your job? Would you live where you live? Would you finally call you mother? Etc…
“Live each day as if it was your last because someday you’re going to be right.” – Anonymous
Join our Facebook community at http://www.facebook.com/groups/EmpoweredFamilyCaregiver
©Copyright 2003-Present All rights reserved
Latest posts by Tandy Elisala (see all)
- Family Caregiving – A Stepping Stone to a Career - February 8, 2019
- Empowered Family Caregiver Blog Interview Highlights with Crystal Kelliher - January 3, 2019
- 7 Ways to Survive Being a Sandwiched Family Caregiver - December 19, 2018