3 Questions To Ask Yourself As You Plan 2018
(and Tandy’s Top 10 Non-Negotiables)
If you are like most people, you’ve thought about your 2018 goals (note that I didn’t say “resolutions”) and have a plan for your 2018 goals and dreams. In case you are still working on your goals, here are 3 questions to ask yourself as you plan 2018. I’ve also included my top 10 non-negotiables list. More on that shortly.
First Question to Ask Yourself
What were my highs and lows of 2017 and what did I learn? Taking time to really think about your highs and lows is important so you don’t repeat the lows and so you can move forward in the new year with new energy. Documenting what you’ve learned helps you release and let it go and move ahead with fresh eyes, ears, and heart.Documenting what you've learned helps you release and let it go and move ahead with fresh eyes, ears, and heart. Click To Tweet
Second Question to Ask Yourself
What HABITS, learning, and actions do I need to integrate to feel the way I want to feel? Habits are the key to success. What habits in 2017 served you well and which ones didn’t go so well? Maybe you watched more news/tv than you wanted or perhaps you didn’t integrate self-care into your routine. What do you need to learn in order to achieve what you want this year? How do you want to feel on December 31st, 2018? Think about your year in terms of how you want to consistently feel.
Third Question to Ask Yourself
What habits did NOT serve me well last year and what am I committed to changing to ensure I achieve my goals? This is where non-negotiables come into play. Here’s how this played out for me this year:
- I checked my email 20 times a day. Not very productive. I realized that responding to other people’s priorities wasn’t helping me get closer to my goals. Duh.
- I let other priorities be scheduled when I was working out. This isn’t very smart if I want to develop healthier habits.
- I would sometimes let my filing pile up. A disorganized space is a disorganized mind.
For others, their challenges may be:
- Not getting enough sleep.
- Being around negative people.
- Not charging your worth.
- Always being on social media and letting it run your day.
- Not taking time away for the things that matter most.
Having non-negotiables is a way to ensure you are exercising your positive habit muscle that will help you stay in alignment. Click To Tweet
Create a Non -Negotiable List
Whatever the challenges, I encourage you to create your non-negotiable list. This list should challenge you and be specific about the things that YOU are open, willing, and committed to changing. We all want to be successful. Having non-negotiables is a way to ensure you are exercising your positive habit muscle that will help you stay in alignment. Here are my 2018 non-negotiables:
- Self-Care Practices Come First. I will start and end my day with self-care.
- I will stop using technology after 9:30 pm. I won’t open email or social media until AFTER self-care.
- I am investing in my development which includes reading at least one book per month and have a learning plan for each month.
- I only say YES to the YES’S. Doing this keeps me in alignment and ensures the right things come into my life.
- I am keeping my space organized. A clear space is a clear mind.
- I am exercising at least three times per week. This will help me get and stay healthy and strong.
- I will check email no more than 3 times per day. This helps me stay focused on the right things.
- I consistently get enough quality sleep. Getting enough sleep helps me stay positive, focused, and energized so I make the right decisions.
- I will spend time outside daily. Nature is healing and is a great way to recharge.
- I am continuing to take time to nurture relationships. Family, friends, colleagues, JV partners, affiliates, clients, and biz partners are all important to me.
What are YOUR non-negotiables?
If you need help creating your best year yet, I have 10 spots available for a 1:1 “Create My Best Year Yet” intensive. I’m offering this 90-minute coaching package through January 2018 for only $97. This is a HUGE savings from my typical coaching rates. Grab your spot here: PayPal.me/TandyElisala/97
Once your payment goes through, you’ll receive an email from me with a link to my schedule and a worksheet we’ll use during our time together.
Join our Facebook community at http://www.facebook.com/groups/EmpoweredFamilyCaregiver
©Copyright 2003-Present All rights reserved
Latest posts by Tandy Elisala (see all)
- Empowered Family Caregiver Interview Highlights with Beth Scibienski - December 12, 2018
- 5 Ways to Prevent Others From Taking Your Energy - December 10, 2018
- Best Affirmations to End the Year - December 1, 2018