Signs You May Not Trust Yourself
Everything rises and falls with leadership. Everything. The toughest person to lead is yourself. Trust really is the foundation to leadership. Character makes trust possible and trust makes leadership possible. This article shares 21 signs that you may not trust yourself and an action plan to strengthen your trust factor.
“Your capacity to lead expands through trust.”
21 signs that you may not trust yourself:
- I have a hard time recognizing, understanding, feeling, or believing in my innate value and worth.
- I accept the negative, self-rejecting messages that I received growing up.
- I think that I could have done something to change or stop the childhood abuse, neglect, or abandonment that I experienced.
- I do things to prove myself and my value to others.
- I try to control everything around me so I can feel safe.
- I compare the choices I’ve made to those made my others.
- I minimize or deny my own wants and needs.
- It’s sometimes difficult to recognize or tell the truth.
- I am unable to find, or value, my own beautiful voice.
- I’m unable or unwilling to recognize or challenge my self-sabotaging or self-destructive thoughts, beliefs, and behavior patterns.
- I’m prone to making everything worse than it is – I have a constant expectation of failure, disappointment, or betrayal.
- I relive or rehash past traumas or challenging events.
- I engage in negative self-talk, and my negative ego takes over.
- I engage in behaviors that create shame, guilt, or self-punishment.
- I break promises I’ve made to myself.
- I fail to keep the commitments and/or agreements that I’ve made with others.
- I find it difficult to finish what I start.
- I hold in anger, resentment, contempt – or I speak negatively about those who I feel have hurt me in some way.
- I deny or minimize my power of choice.
- I defer to others – allowing them to make decisions for me.
- I rely heavily on my physical senses to make decisions and am often disconnected from my intuition and divine inner guidance.
Join the FREE 5-Day Leadership Legacy Challenge the week of March 6th where we will align your values in life and business and uncover your real legacy. Bit.ly/tandymar
Trusting yourself takes compassion, forgiveness (of others and yourself) and a commitment to strengthen your character.
Character makes trust possible and trust makes leadership possible. Character makes trust possible and trust makes leadership possible. Click To Tweet
Your next step is to identify the top three ways you don’t trust yourself. Remember, this is for YOUR growth and development. Then, identify three action steps you are committed to doing to build your personal trust and leadership. Lastly, make an effort to really focus on these things. Remember, your leadership depends on your trust!
The top three ways I don’t trust myself are:
Three action steps I’m taking today to build personal trust and leadership:
Want more support in lifting the lid off your income, saving time and money and creating a strong legacy? Check out my upcoming Leadership Rockstar Group Coaching Program: https://www.leadershiprockstars.com
Check out my upcoming Leadership Rockstar Group Coaching Program: https://www.leadershiprockstars.com
Want to combine leadership, laughter, connection and cruising? Join the wait list here for all the details about this 2018 epic retreat! http://coachtandy.com/2018cruise/Join the FREE 5-Day Leadership Legacy Challenge the week of March 6th & align your values in life and… Click To Tweet
Join our facebook community at http://www.facebook.com/groups/cancerthriversupportcommunity
©Copyright 2003-Present All rights reserved
Latest posts by Tandy Elisala (see all)
- 3 Ways to Rebuild Strength After Cancer (even when you still feel weak) - October 2, 2017
- Were you affected by the Equifax data breach? Here’s how to protect yourself! - September 23, 2017
- 5 Best Ways to Plan Your Life and Legacy (and Worry Less and Live More) - September 19, 2017