My 2015 focus word is CONNECTION. I chose this word because I wanted 2015 to be about connecting with myself, my spirit, my community, and my voice… in all that I am in faith, trust, peace, and joy. I’ve been thinking about how I’ve been doing with connecting this year and this is a post with an update… a way to share my progress and encourage you to think about YOUR focus word for 2015 and how you are progressing. Here’s my progress thus far:
1. One way I connected to myself, my spirit, my community, my colleagues, my mentor/coach, my email subscribers, my social media followers and my voice was hosting my very first virtual summit. I’m a go big or go home kind of gal so where most summits have 10-20 speakers, I had 43 speakers from around the world. I was so honored to have famous luminaries such as Michael Losier and Dr. Bernie Siegel as part of my line-up. I was also honored to have local celebrities such as Dr. Martha Reed, Dr Linda Rosenthal, Dr. Michelle Amethyst Mahoney, Heather McCloskey Beck, Diane Sieg, and Sharon Wilson.. and many more amazing speakers…sharing THEIR voices with people from around the world. I was so honored to hold this space for everyone involved. It was a lot of work but well worth it. I’m already planning my second summit for the fall 2015. This was a powerful way to connect on so many levels. You can check out the summit here: http://www.yourvibrantlifesummit.com.
2. Another thing I did was join Creative Living Fellowship (CLF). This church shares my believes and I feel so grateful to be part of this community. I’ve been wanting to attend on a regular basis and join CLF and it just wasn’t the right time…until now. While I believe I connect with God every day on my own in the comfort of my home, there’s something magical about this community. I feel great and feel my cup gets filled when attending Sunday services. What’s nice is they also record and live stream Sunday services so when I’m unable to physically be there, I can still be there virtually. This is all about connecting with my spirit and committing to this church.
3. I started recording videos. I’ve never been a video person and am slowly becoming one. I have a 30 Days to Success ecourse that I added a bunch of videos to that help supplement the materials through the participant’s experience. I also started recording this body’s cancer journey via video. I’ve recorded a few videos a week and what’s cool is I’m not caring about how my hair looks or whether or not I have make-up on. It’s just me and the camera when I’m feeling the urge to update everyone on my journey. I’m connecting with people in a very authentic and vulnerable way through these videos and I hope to help others that may be going through cancer.
4. I attended a CLF choir practice and loved singing! When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a famous singer and music was a part of my life for most of my life. Music is a universal language! Click To Tweet In 2002, IV medications I was on for extended periods of time created quick weight gain and accompanying changes to my voice. I wasn’t able to sing with the range I had before. I was relieved that night at choir practice when my voice didn’t crack. I did a great job and loved singing with the group. I want to join the CLF choir. The challenge is my time commitment for Thursday night choir practices conflict with another commitment. Somehow, it will work out!
5. My Thursday commitment is to Gideon’s Group (GG). I am so honored to serve on the Gideon’s Group Advisory Board and really believe in the mission of this non-profit organization. GG is dedicated to providing creative depression solutions. One of my best and dearest friends, Mark Elliott, created GG and I am supporting him in his mission. I love connecting with attendees and connecting with Mark! We have our Thursday night ritual and I love spending time with him. I’ve presented for GG and appreciate connecting to others that have had depression and/or anxiety. Our philosophy is that what works for one person may work for another. You can read more about GG here. We have four locations around the valley and we’re growing quickly. One of my personal and professional goals is to serve on non-profit boards and this is great experience for me.
6. I co-authored a book called, Superwoman Myths. My chapter was about how I kicked cancer’s butt three times. I wrote this chapter before being diagnosed a 4th time. The lessons I share in this chapter still apply and I am honored that this anthology with over 30 women became a #1 International Best-Selling Book. Whoo Hoo! I am honored to connect with these amazing souls and impact lives around the world through this book.
7. I decided to record an audio version of my book, Healing Through the Chaos: Practical Caregiving. Birthing this book was quite an emotional journey. Little did I realize just how powerful and emotional it would be recording the audio version of this book. It’s very therapeutic. My goal is to get through the entire book before radiation affects my voice for awhile. What a powerful way to connect to myself, my readers, my spirit and create part of my legacy through my words.
8. I’m part of a second anthology called, Chocolate and Diamond’s for the Woman’s Soul and this book will be released mid September 2015. I’m so excited to be part of this community and connect with like-minded women from around the world.
9. I was fortunate to be able to speak at The Conscious Community, Gideon’s Group, and Mesa Chamber of Commerce, along with doing lots of different radio interviews this year so far.
10. I connected to everyone making a difference in my life through my annual gratitude video. You can check out my 2014 video on my you tube channel.
11. I’m connecting with other beautiful souls through a few mastermind groups. I love what I learn from others and love sharing my experience, thoughts, and such with my fellow mastermind family.
When I started this article, I didn’t realize how much connecting I’ve been doing. All of this despite going through cancer. I’m excited to see what the rest of the year holds and the trans-formative ways that I grow on all levels. I’d love to know how your 2015 is fairing.
It’s your turn: What’s your focus word? How have you done in this area? What are your 2015 goals and how are you doing towards meeting them? Please share below!
Join our facebook community at http://www.facebook.com/groups/cancerthriversupportcommunity
©Copyright 2003-Present All rights reserved
Latest posts by Tandy Elisala (see all)
- The 15 BEST Quotes To Help Get Through Cancer - January 18, 2018
- International Quality of Life Month: How To Live Your Best Life - January 16, 2018
- The Truth About Problems That Will Make You Think Differently About Life - January 9, 2018