Frequently Asked Questions ( FAQs)
- Why is a coach so expensive? Like many other things in life, the investment to work with a coach varies. I know coaches who charge $50 an hour and I know other coaches that require an investment of over $100K a year to work with them. You are paying for RESULTS! Think about coffee makers for a moment. You can get a coffee maker for $15 and there are some that cost $2K. Crazy, right!?! The important thing about coaching and the investment is how well you connect with the person. Above and beyond their credentials, how well do you know, like and trust that they are going to help you achieve your goals? One question I ask people is what is the cost of NOT changing your situation? If you are sitting where you are a year from now and nothing has changed (or gotten worse), how are you going to feel? How will this impact your life? In my experience, most people will invest their hard earned money to work with someone who gets results for their clients. Bottom line… money is relative. I recommend talking with a prospective coach first to decide how well you’ll work with the person.
- Why can’t I just have one session? Most people recognize that it takes longer than an hour to have long lasting change in your life. It takes longer than a day at the gym to attain your weight goals. Coaching is a process. When clients work with me, I’m open about the fact that we work together on five things. These include:1. Get clarity and direction2. Develop a strategic action plan3. Upgrade skills (as needed)4. Optimize the environment (there’s a lot to this)5. Master your mindset (there’s a lot to this as well:0)I work with clients for six (6) months at a time so we can really dig deep on these things and ensure long term success. A good coach will recommend working with them for a *minimum* of three (3) months. Some coaches require a 12 month commitment. I require a six (6) month commitment because it’s a process and it takes time to get results. Results depend on the quality of the coach AND the commitment and action of the client. The more committed you are to change, the better results you will experience!
- Does this really work? Yes! Coaching absolutely, positively works! It requires the commitment of both the coach and the client. Millions of people have achieved great things while and after working with a coach. Everyone needs someone to support them. Athletes have coaches. Actresses and actors have coaches. Coaches help you see your blind spots. You don’t know what you don’t know until you know you don’t know it. Coaches help uplevel your skills and abilities… Coaches help you overcome the obstacles and challenges in your way. Coaches help give you the confidence you need to be who you truly are. Hiring a great coach will help you ultimately live a life you love and Lift Your Life to Greatness!
- I’m busy. How much time do I need to spend with a coach? Great question. We are all busy. The question is are we spending our valuable time on the things that matter and on the things that will move us forward in life? Time with a coach varies. Some coaches spend 20 minutes a week with clients. Others spend an hour twice a month with clients. I recommend working with a coach that will create a win-win where schedules are concerned. Most coaches meet with clients via the phone or skype. I meet with clients 60 minutes a week; four times a month via phone or skype. Those that have invested for 6 months at a time also get unlimited mobile phone access to me. Just remember that the time you spend on YOURSELF is the best time you can possibly spend.
- What if I change my mind and decide I don’t want to work with my coach? Coaching guarantees vary widely among coaches. This can be a challenging issue because the results depends on BOTH the quality of the coach AND the actions of the client. What I do is offer clients an unconditional 30-Day Happiness Guarantee! If, after 30 days of working together things aren’t shifting and clients aren’t feeling like they are moving forward with the goals we set then I will refund 100% of their investment. In my opinion, that’s a guarantee you can’t beat. To date, nobody has asked me for a refund.
- I want to hire a coach but my spouse/partner/family doesn’t support me in this decision. What do I do? This is another terrific question. The bigger question is why doesn’t your partner/spouse/family support you? In my experience, it’s not about the coaching investment that’s the problem for someone’s support system, it’s the issue of not wanting to support someone you love to grow and be the best version of themselves they can be. What are they afraid of? Having a strong support system is wildly important. I recommend talking to them and letting them know how you feel, why you want to get coached, how your lives will be better for it and create buy in to the process. Ultimately, you have to do what’s right for you. Honor yourself above all else.
- What qualifies someone to be a coach? Great question. The answer is it depends… What type of coach are you looking for? If you are looking for a health coach, I wouldn’t recommend hiring a business coach. If you are looking for a financial coach, I wouldn’t hire a relationship coach. Beyond this, formal training varies dramatically among coaches. While I don’t think someone must be ‘certified’ by an accredited organization to be an effective coach, my personal opinion is that having formal education helps create the processes and systems around coaching. They have a framework for coaching. The International Coaching Federation (ICF) is a reputable organization that certifies coaches. I am certified by the Success Coach Institute which is an organization approved under ICF. I am also certified in The Sedona Method; a specific type of coaching using powerful releasing strategies. I have other certifications in various other coaching and healing modalities and I have MA and BA degrees. The truth is it’s the experience someone brings to the table that matters the most. I want to know they have helped others and achieved solid results. I want them to be able to connect with me. I believe the ideal coach has personal experience, coaching skills and experience, and education blended together.
- Can’t I just get a group coaching program and experience the changes I need that way? Group coaching programs can be powerful and profound and you can certainly get information, tips, and tools you need to move forward in life through the right group coaching program. However, there is no substitute for the deep kind of no bull crap, be your cheerleader and accountability partner, complete focus on YOU and YOUR LIFE than working 1:1 with a coach. Group programs are a great place to start when you want to get to know a coach better and learn their style. It can be something you invest in before getting to the point of hiring a coach 1:1.If you are looking for rapid change and access to a coach’s brain (and their whole heart) hiring a coach is the best way to go. About the heart thing… I believe that for me to be fully present with my clients and honor their needs, I need to be fully vested in them…in their success. This means being vulnerable and having a certain level of intimacy required to create client transformation. This means bringing my whole heart to the table along with my skills, talents, and abilities. Clients benefit from my 25 years’ leadership experience in corporate America, 10+ years as a coach, 10 years as a university faculty member teaching leadership, strategic planning, and human resource management, my 6 years as a Certified Franklin Covey Facilitator in seven (7) content areas; including the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Leadership and Trust curriculum. Clients also benefit from all my formal and informal education and vast life experience as a single mother, cancer survivor, unexpected full-time caregiver for both parents, experience with traumatic brain injury and mental illness, divorce, other health challenges, weight release (loss), financial ruin, layoff, best selling author and more. When hiring me as your coach, you get access to everything I have ever studied and done and everything that I am.If you are interested in learning more about how coaching can help you in your life and Lift Your Life to Greatness, I encourage you to schedule your FREE 60 minute Rapid Change Coaching Session with me. We’ll dig deep and get clear about your goals, identify what specifically you need to do and you will leave our coaching session empowered and inspired to take action. My goal is that transformation happens during our very.first.call. I’m about being of service for you and I am committed to you getting as much as possible from our time together. Guaranteed! Grab your spot here: https://tandyelisala.acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php?appointmentType=category:FREE+Rapid+Change+Coaching+SessionThe minute you make the decision and schedule your FREE session, you will likely notice shifts happening already. Love yourself enough and let’s create a kick-ass year… and life together. I have a limited number of FREE spots available. Secure your spot now.
Hypnosis/Hypnotherapy is a system used to induce a trance-like state in which one has heightened focus and concentration. A professionally trained Hypnotherapist should do hypnosis. Designations including ACH or CHt are examples of recognized certified Hypnotherapists.
Hypnotherapy is a treatment that is based on the premise that the mind and body do not work in isolation. By sending the patient into a hypnotic state, the therapist aims to trigger the body’s mental and physical self-healing processes that lie in the subconscious.
When undergoing hypnotherapy, patients are conscious and aware. Hypnosis is a state of relaxation and concentration at one with the state of heightened awareness induced by suggestion. It is a natural trance state, like daydreaming, when the mind is relaxed and focused, where time passes very quickly, accompanied by good feelings of deep relaxation of mind and body. It is probably one of the few times you are truly in control and where your mind is extremely receptive to the suggestions we give it.
Anybody can be sent into a hypnotic state. Hypnosis induces a state of relaxation and concentration that practitioners claim is a natural manifestation of the mind at work.
Hypnosis may feel similar to the state you experience as you are about to drift off into sleep.
While you are hypnotized, most people remain aware of the sound of my voice and awareness of the room around them. During this time, your senses are heightened. A smaller number of clients will go into a deeper state in which the sound of my voice may come in and out. Either level is fine. If there were an emergency, you would be able to get up and respond accordingly!
How Do You Know if Hypnosis is Working?
Although hypnosis may sometimes feel as if you are sleeping, you are not. I make sure that you are in the correct level of trance for optimal results. I am able to detect your level of trance through your breathing, responsiveness to suggestions, skin tone, energy, and body movement. I may occasionally ask you to indicate that you hear the sound of my voice by moving your index finger on your right or left hand. This allows me to gauge the level of trance without interrupting your trance state.
After your session, results will speak for themselves.
Why are Hypnosis programs so effective?
By creating direct access to the most powerful part of the mind, the subconscious. You can teach your subconscious mind to change in ways that best align with your goal. When your align what you consciously desire in life with your subconscious mind…your possibilities are endless!
Can everyone be hypnotized?
Yes. As a matter of fact, you have most likely been hypnotized without realizing it. Have you ever driven home and suddenly arrived at your destination without remembering the last few minutes of the drive? This is one example of our subconscious mind taking over life’s mundane, routine details. Most clients are amazed at how quickly they accomplish their desired results. Once you have made the decision to change, unlike traditional therapies, Hypnotherapy is able to help you reach your goals without going through years of trial and error, counseling, and/or self-exploration.
What is Thought Field Therapy (TFT)?
Thought Field Therapy (TFT) is a well respected and highly recognized around the world as an alternative treatment developed by an American psychologist, Roger Callahan, Ph.D. Its proponents say that it can heal of a variety of mental and physical ailments through specialized “tapping” with the fingers at meridian points on the upper body and hands. TFT delinks thoughts from feeling. It helps change the way the brain processes information. At the end of a TFT session, clients are able to remember the trauma or issue without having an emotional reaction or attachment to it. It frees clients up to focus on moving forward.
Thought Field Therapy provides a code to nature’s healing system. When applied to problems TFT addresses their fundamental causes, providing information in the form of a healing code, balancing the body’s energy system and allowing you to eliminate most negative emotions within minutes and promote the body’s own healing ability.
How is Thought Field Therapy (TFT) Used as a Healing Modality?
Thought Field Therapy (TFT) is highly effective when used alone or in concert with another service. You may be speaking during these techniques as this is an effective method of releasing limiting beliefs and emotions that no longer serve you while we are creating healthy new behavior patterns.
What does Jack Canfield, author of The Success Principles and Co-Author of the Chicken Soup for the Soul Series say about TFT?
The Success Principles, Page 120, Jack says:
“Some fears are so strong that they can actually immobilize you….Fortunately there is a simple solution for most phobias.
I learned about this magical technique from Dr. Callahan and have used it successfully in my seminars for more than 15 years.”
What is Reiki?
Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction that also promotes healing. It is an ancient healing technique that uses life force energy to heal, balancing the subtle energies within our bodies. Reiki addresses physical, emotional, mental and spiritual imbalances.
Reiki treats the whole person including body, emotions, mind and spirit creating many beneficial effects that include relaxation and feelings of peace, security and wellbeing. This healing art is an effective delivery system. The Reiki practitioner serves as a vessel that supplies healing energies where they are most needed. Reiki’s ki-energies flow out of the practitioner’s body through the palms of the hands while they are touching the recipient’s body.
How is Reiki Used as a Healing Tool?
Reiki is a powerful healing tool in and of itself. Many practitioners solely provide Reiki services for their clients. I combine Reiki with coaching services, as needed.
Affirmations are declaring statements as being true and typically said in present tense.
Guided Imagery and Visualizations (depending on which term you prefer) are a system used for deep relaxation and well-being. Guided Imagery goes hand in hand with hypnotherapy.
Law of Attraction is a belief that one’s thoughts, actions and behaviors attract certain people, circumstances and events into our lives. Thoughts are magnets for all experiences. “Like attracts like” and deliberate creation happens when one places focused attention on that which they affirm. As far as I am aware, Thomas Troward was the first to mention law of attraction in 1904, saying, “the action of Mind plants that nucleus which, if allowed to grow undisturbed, will eventually attract to itself all the conditions necessary for its manifestation in outward visible form.” 
 Troward, Judge Thomas, The Edinburgh Lectures on Mental Science, 1904
Meditation is an extended period of time where one focuses their attention on one thing.