Breathing is a fabulous stress reliever. Besides needing the oxygen to live, breathing can help us gain perspective, keep us from impulse decisions (can we say late night crunchy or sweet snacks!?!) and can reduce our blood pressure. It’s also a great way to get centered and feel better.
I have two tips around breathing for you:
- Take 5 deep breaths in through your nose and out through your mouth. Taking at least FIVE deep breaths this way will help and give you all the benefits mentioned above.
- A great visual to release negative energy and allow more positive energy in is to imagine or visualize plus signs (+) as you breathe in and pretend or visualize there are minus signs (-) as you exhale. The + sign is all things positive and the – sign is all things negative so this is a great visual for you to release that which no longer serves you.
I recorded a quick video about breathing as a stress reliever. A great tip around eating is to take 5 deep breaths when you are thinking about eating something unhealthy and then check in and see where you are at. If you still want it, have it. If you are rethinking it, let it go. Either way, know you are always supported always and in all ways.
Join our Facebook community at http://www.facebook.com/groups/EmpoweredFamilyCaregiver
©Copyright 2003-Present All rights reserved
Latest posts by Tandy Elisala (see all)
- Empowered Family Caregiver Interview Highlights with Dr. Nicole Rochester - September 27, 2018
- 5 Tips to Conquer the Holidays and Actually Feel Blissful - September 24, 2018
- Empowered Family Caregiver Interview Highlights With Virginia Sampson - September 19, 2018