12 Laws of Leadership: Law of Intuition
Let’s talk about leadership and the law of intuition!
The law of intuition is the fifth law in my 12 Laws of Leadership. Leaders rely on their internal guidance system to make decisions. Great leaders understand that there’s a balance between the art of intuition and the science of data and information and know how to effectively balance those. I call it, information plus intuition equals #infoition.When making decisions, it's best to blend information with intuition - #infoition! Click To Tweet
Here are three reasons why the law of influence is important in leadership:
- The first is that intuition is that natural intelligence that lies within us, each and every one of us, to help us see beyond the mountain, beyond the cliff, beyond the clouds, to reach those decisions and those milestones.
2. The second reason intuition is important in leadership is because it helps us set trends. Leaders set trends. Are you a trendsetter, or are you a follower? Be a trendsetter. Intuition helps guide that.
3. The third reason why intuition is important in leadership is because when there’s a little data to go on, or when you’re involved in a rapidly changing environment and you’ve got quick decisions to make. I did that for 23 of my 25 years in corporate America. I helped the University of Phoenix grow and scale from 13,000 students to 480,000 students. Do you think we had a lot of data? Yes! In some cases there was a little bit of data. Over the years we got better at data and I used my intuition every single day when making decisions for our students, for our faculty, and for our employees.
Intuition is extremely helpful when decisions need to be made around people. You can have data, but you also really, really, really need that to marry that and use the intuition. My question for you today is where have you been holding off making a decision? If you’re thinking, “Oh, I don’t know.” Ask yourself, “Where have you been “shoulding” on yourself?” In other words, have you been saying recently, or to anybody, “Gosh, should I stay or should I go? Should I quit my job and go to my full time business full time? Should I join this company? Should I marry this guy? Should I go out on a date? Should I get surgery? Should I do this, should I …? ” Whatever it is that you’re asking, I want you to dig deep inside, look within, and see what answers come when you listen to that internal guidance system… That voice that always has your best interest at heart.
If you are ready to bust through your limiting beliefs and blocks preventing you from being a legacy leader…
If you are bold and brilliant and know you need accountability to realize your dreams and grow your business…
If you are ready to expand your influence and impact and share your gifts with the world the way only you can…
Then, let’s hop on a call and see what’s holding you back or slowing you down and create an action plan. Schedule your FREE Leadership Strategy Session HERE!
Join our Facebook community at http://www.facebook.com/groups/EmpoweredFamilyCaregiver
©Copyright 2003-Present All rights reserved
Latest posts by Tandy Elisala (see all)
- Family Caregiving – A Stepping Stone to a Career - February 8, 2019
- Empowered Family Caregiver Blog Interview Highlights with Crystal Kelliher - January 3, 2019
- 7 Ways to Survive Being a Sandwiched Family Caregiver - December 19, 2018